Bison Club doesn't judge
We believe our products can still be valuable to you, as we focused on brain health as the top requirement for picking ingredients. Let your brain thrive at full capacity, hedge against depreciation over time, and get the cognitive health you deserve.
Our products are loaded with the following brain-friendly nutrients:
Omega-3 fatty acids
- Around 60% of your brain consists of fat, half containing omega-3 fatty acids (1).
- The brain utilizes omega-3s to produce nerve and brain cells, which are imperative for memory and learning (1, 2).
- Omega-3 may support the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and decelerate maturity-related mental deterioration (3, 4)
- On the other hand, deficient omega-3 intake is associated with depression and impaired ability to learn (2, 5)
- Vitamin K is indispensable for making up sphingolipids. Sphingolipids are present in high concentrations in brain cells (6).
- Several studies show that an increased vitamin K intake is associated with better cognitive performance and memory in older adults (7, 8).
Curcumin, an active component of turmeric, is associated with several brain-supporting functions:
- Curcumin can cross the blood-brain barrier to shield brain cells against free radical damage (9).
- Curcumin may support the improvement of memory in people who have Alzheimer’s. It may also help clear the amyloid plaques found in this disease (10, 11).
- Curcumin boosts dopamine and serotonin, improving mood. A study shows that curcumin may improve depressive and anxiety symptoms when added to standard care in patients affected by depression (12, 13).
- Curcumin boosts neurogenesis. The production of new neurons in your hippocampus is essential for mood, memory, and learning (14, 15).
Be aware that most studies use highly concentrated curcumin supplements in doses ranging from 500 to 2,000 mg daily.
Insufficient iron intake is associated with reduced cognitive function and brain fog (25).
We only highlight recent findings; we urge you critically research yourself. Be aware that we are trying to sell you something!
Suppose you do not care about reducing greenhouse gas emissions and could not care less about your cognitive performance. Then, we may not be the best match in transaction history.